Founded by cryptography pioneer Silvio Micali, Algorand fulfills the promise of blockchain through a first-of-its-kind transaction platform that solves the “blockchain trilemma” by offering true decentralization, scalability and security for both developers and business applications.
We are looking for Community Managers in Hangzhou (China), Beijing (China), Berlin (Germany), London/Manchester (UK), Toronto (Canada), San Francisco (California), Seattle (Washington), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Sydney (Australia), and Tokyo (Japan) to play an active part in shaping the communication between our Company and the crypto world in their local market. This person would be the “point of contact” on the ground for Algorand, nurturing the local community through events and networking, building and moderating social channels, all while making sure Algorand is accurately represented in the local languages and platforms.
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies, has a passion for building inclusive communities and nurturing their growth, and a deep interest in blockchain, and cryptocurrency.
- Establish and grow a strong local community via event planning and individual networking efforts
- Engage with members through community tools, social media, and other channels daily; be reactive towards social trends and adjust accordingly; stimulate conversations and moderate community channels
- Create and manage local campaigns that uphold our brand voice, values, and methodology; generate ideas and approaches that could be shared globally across the platform
- Nurture local influencer partnerships
- Create and source content to be shared across multiple platforms
- Analyze local and international trends and competitors; share data and insights with the broader team
- Scope new projects identify brand opportunities, and shape creative and production briefs for local implementation
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Two-plus years of experience in community building or public relations; direct experience launching/implementing community programs preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the local language; ability to communicate with a wide variety of disciplines and audiences (e.g., developers, influencers, etc.)
- Self-starter and independent contributor with effective follow-through
- Experience with remote management and communicating with a global team
- Practical experience with social media and web communities; creating and publishing content across a range of social media platforms