Programming Language Researchers (All Levels)
Founded by cryptography pioneer Silvio Micali, Algorand fulfills the promise of blockchain through a first-of-its-kind transaction platform that solves the “blockchain trilemma” by offering true decentralization, scalability, and security for both developers and business applications.
We are looking for Programming Language Researchers of all levels to join our Team. This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies to influence the design and implementation of Algorand’s smart contract solutions.
You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
- Design and analyze novel smart contract logic and structures that are both theoretically secure and practically useful, and build large-scale use cases for them
- Partner with the larger organization (including Product and Engineering) regarding the implementation of designs
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Masters in Computer Science or related technical field is required; PhD preferred (level and depth of responsibilities will be adjusted, as appropriate)
- Expertise in programming language, formal verification, and logic
- Solid mathematics training, highly capable of abstract thinking and modeling
- Good written communication and ability to communicate technical information with wide variety of audiences
- Experience in driving the implementation of complex theoretical designs or as a technical participant for highly scalable distributed system designs preferred
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment