Founded by cryptography pioneer Silvio Micali, Algorand fulfills the promise of blockchain through a first-of-its-kind transaction platform that solves the “blockchain trilemma” by offering true decentralization, scalability, and security for both developers and business applications.
We are looking for Software Engineers (of all levels) in our Boston Office to play a role in the development and implementation of Algorand’s blockchain and cryptocurrency products. Your ideas and your innovation will help shape the new blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem of tomorrow. The current suite of projects are implemented in primarily in Go and C++. The core product will be open-sourced.
This is an opportunity for someone who is genuinely excited by new technologies and has a passion for building products that truly matter. You will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
- Devise innovative ideas for solving blockchain customer problems and translate these ideas into technical designs and implementation
- Be a hands-on coder applying the best industry standards for code health, security, scalability, and robustness
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field; Master’s/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field preferred (level and depth of responsibilities will be adjusted, as appropriate)
- Two-plus years of experience working on and shipping complex applications as part of a team; advanced education will be considered
- Experience in the following: test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, Objective-C, Rust, and Go Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience contributing to libre / open source software projects; significant open source contribution experience will be considered very favorably
- Scripting skills in Python, shell or another common language preferred
- Expertise in one of the following: Go programming language, maintaining open source software projects, or distributed programming preferred
- Experience as a technical influencer for highly scalable distributed system designs preferred
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment