Why Build on Algorand
Visit developer.algorand.org for access to all of our dev tools.
- We encourage you to use this Hackathon Lab Exercise to familiarize yourself with all of the Algorand developer tools. This exercise includes step by step instructions for: Getting Started, Private Network, Goal command line, AlgoExplorer, SDKs and Resources.
- Feel free to communicate and ask questions with others in the community on gitter or on discord
- Use any of the dev tools provided and leverage our SDKs and APIs to create a unique application on Algorand!
- Bonus if you write to and read from the ‘note field’
Using any of our dev tools qualifies your team for prizes. However, the judging team will give preference to teams that demonstrate creative competence by:
- Using one of the SDK’s
- Writing to and read from the notefield in a transaction
- Using multiple dev tools
An example solution would be to: Build a solution for easy account management using one our SDK’s, the solution should be able to:
- Create and sign txns, do the same with multisig accounts, recover accounts from mnemonic
- Quality of Idea : How creative and original is the idea?
- Implementation of the Idea : How does the application use Algorand’s SDKs, notefield, or other developer tools?
- Creativity: How creative or innovative is the application?
- Impact: How applicable is the solution to the real world? Is the impact positive?
- Completeness : How complete is this application with respect to the Algorand dev tools?
Best Overall Application
🏆First Place: $1,000 + Codrone+ Thule 32L Backpack
🥈Second Place: Gotenna + Matrix Creator + Raspberry Pi 3 B+
The evaluation team is comprised of members of the Algorand product and developer relations team. We are here for:
- Helping on technical questions and better understanding our technology stack with respect to your hackathon application
- Selecting the winning teams that will receive our prizes and get recognition on socials!
- Advising you on getting more involved in our amazing community and ecosystem
Go to developer.algorand.org to get your own node up and running.
Attended an Algorand workshop? We'd love your feedback!
Fill our this survey for a chance to win an Algorand sweatshirt!